How To Choose Rug Size For Room
The main factors to consider when choosing a rug size for a room are:
- Room size: Measure the length and width of the room to determine the maximum size rug that will fit.
- Furniture placement: Consider how the furniture will be arranged in the room and choose a rug size that will accommodate it. Make sure that the front legs of the main furniture pieces are placed on the rug, with about 12-18 inches of the rug showing on all sides.
- Space around the rug: Make sure to leave enough space around the edges of the rug so that the furniture can be moved easily and the door can open and close.
- Room style: Consider the overall style of the room and choose a rug that complements it.
- Room function: Think about how the room is used and choose a rug that is appropriate for the amount of foot traffic and potential stains or spills.
- Personal preference : It's important to consider your own taste and preference while choosing rug size as it will be a reflection of your personal style.
It's important to note that the size of the rug should be proportionate to the room size and it should be in keeping with the size of the furniture, and the space of the room. A rug that is too small can make a room feel unbalanced, and a rug that is too large can overpower the space.