How To Choose Rug Size For Office
When choosing a rug size for an office, it's important to consider the dimensions of the office supplies and furniture that will be placed on the rug. Here are a few things to consider:
- Measure the space: Measure the length and width of the office to determine the maximum size rug that will fit.
- Consider the layout: Think about how the furniture and office supplies will be arranged in the room and choose a rug size that will accommodate them. For example, if you have a large desk and a few office chairs, you'll want a larger rug to place them on.
- Leave enough space: Make sure to leave enough space around the edges of the rug so that the furniture and office supplies can be moved easily and the door can open and close.
- Think about the style: Consider the overall style of the office and choose a rug that complements it.
- Consider the function: Think about how the office is used and choose a rug that is appropriate for the amount of foot traffic and potential stains or spills.
A general rule of thumb is to ensure that the front legs of the main furniture pieces in the room are placed on the rug, with about 12-18 inches of the rug showing on all sides. A rug that is 6x9 feet or larger is usually a good size for an office. It's also important to choose a rug that is comfortable and easy to clean and maintain.