How To Choose Rug Size For Living Room
When choosing a rug size for a living room, there are a few things to consider:
- Measure the space: Measure the length and width of the living room to determine the maximum size rug that will fit.
- Consider the layout: Think about how the furniture will be arranged in the room and choose a rug size that will accommodate it. For example, if you have a large sectional sofa, you'll want a larger rug to place it on.
- Leave enough space: Make sure to leave enough space around the edges of the rug so that the furniture can be moved easily and door can open and close.
- Think about the style: Consider the overall style of the living room and choose a rug that complements it.
- Consider the function: Think about how the living room is used and choose a rug that is appropriate for the amount of foot traffic and potential stains or spills.
A general rule of thumb is to ensure that the front legs of the main furniture pieces in the room are placed on the rug, with about 12-18 inches of the rug showing on all sides. A rug that is 8x10 feet or larger is usually a good size for a living room. you can also choose the size of the rug to be slightly larger or smaller than the space, depending on the look you want to achieve and the amount of space you have in the room.