How To Choose Rug Size For Family Room
When choosing a rug size for a family room, there are a few things to consider:
- Measure the space: Measure the length and width of the family room to determine the maximum size rug that will fit.
- Consider the layout: Think about how the furniture will be arranged in the room and choose a rug size that will accommodate it. For example, if you have a large sectional sofa, you'll want a larger rug to place it on.
- Leave enough space: Make sure to leave enough space around the edges of the rug so that the furniture can be moved easily.
- Think about the style: Consider the overall style of the family room and choose a rug that complements it.
- Consider the function: Think about how the family room is used and choose a rug that is appropriate for the amount of foot traffic and potential stains or spills.
A general rule of thumb is to ensure that the front legs of the main furniture pieces in the room are placed on the rug, with about 12-18 inches of the rug showing on all sides. A rug that is 8x10 feet or larger is usually a good size for a family room.